Friday, September 5, 2008

A Crow for a Woodchuck


I recently had the problem of a woodchuck burrowing under the concrete slab that is my patio in my backyard.  Thanks to Mark Romano, an officianado of these things, the animal has relocated. 
All I wanted was the problem solved, but Mark taught me all about the small animals -- and some not so small --that lurk in even the smallest of midwest yards.
In exchange for the education and solution, Mark wanted a crow on a plate.  He admires them above all other things in nature. (While up at Mayo, I did learn that Crows can recognize humans by face--expression--NYTimes.) Here is Mark's Crow. I selected the 'Fish Crow' as it is a bit less stocky than others in the family. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very articulate but always warm and comfortable steve and buddy